HOME FOR THE CHILDREN OF CATASTROPHE

“Every people in the world lives in a place. For Palestinians, the place lives in them.” DR 

CHILDREN OF CATASTROPHE
Journey From A Palestinian Refugee Camp to America 
   Home      Photo Albums      Pre-May 2007 (Nahr el Bared Camp)
Print this pageAdd to Favorite

Pre-May 2007 Destrucion
Nahr el Bared Camp
Nahr el Bared Camp was initially founded by the League of Red Cross Societies (LRCS) in 1949 to service refugees expelled from their homes in north Palestine. The camp was situated on the Mediterranean shorelines and Nahr el Bared, which means “Cold River” in English, hence the name Nahr el Bared Camp, along the main highway linking Lebanon with Syria and far from any major Lebanese population centres. The main road became an important economic lifeline for trading and commercial activities servicing the surrounding Lebanese towns and villages